Men and women, both, are blessed with hair on the body! But, in the case of women, counting it in a blessing would be an error. They have to get it removed anyway! Though our body hair plays a primarily defensive role in protecting us against various factors; but, women love to have a smooth, soft, and glowy skin. As you grow up, you will realize how hectic is the process of hair removal. You have to visit a parlor every next week! However, what if we say it can get comfortable and less time consuming for you? Yes, epilators and hair removal creams can be used at home. They are quite affordable and minimize the need to visit a spa and salon!
If you have had enough experience with these things, you might know how to use them. However, there are a lot many things that are yet to be discovered. Teenagers who have recently started growing body hairs find it most difficult to pick an appropriate hair removal method. The initial habit of your hair removal method has an influential impact on the texture, density, and frequency of your hair regrowth. You might have seen your elder sister with strawberry skin after a few days of hair removal. Do you ever wonder what causes it? If not, you must have thought that you never want it as a grown-up.
Well, without talking much about it, let us get straight to the point. Today, we are going to make a comparison between the two hair removal methods- epilator and hair removal creams. Everyone wants to pick faster techniques, gives you a smoother finish, and the new hair does not show up soon. However, it gets quite confusing to decide which one is the best method. We assure you that at the end of the article, you will be able to decide on an ideal hair removal method for yourself. We are going to list all the necessary points about these two techniques. You are free to decide on your own that which will suit your needs better. So, without any further delay, let us begin:
- How does it work?
An epilator is an electric grooming device that helps in the removal of hair. It can either be with a cord that works by plugging in or a rechargeable one. It works by the pulling action of tweezers present on its top portion. When the tweezers come in contact with your skin, they pull the hair from the root. Thus, it helps you to achieve a clean and smooth skin.
- What are the pros and cons of the epilator?
- Better for sensitive skin.
- Hair regrowth takes a lot of time.
- It is comparatively painless.
- It is cost-effective.
- You need to invest a fair amount in the epilator.
- It can cause redness if used carelessly.
- Batteries and charging points are required.
- Ingrown hairs cannot be removed.
2. Hair removal cream
- How does it work?
A hair removal cream, when applied to the skin, weakens the hair by thinning the hair. The thinning of hair occurs due to the breakdown of keratin protein present in the hair shaft. It leads to loosening of the base of hair from the root. When you wipe off the cream, the hair breaks off readily.
- What are the pros and cons of a hair removal cream?
It is a pain-free procedure.
It can be performed at home readily.
It is inexpensive.
- It can leave a chemical smell on the skin.
- Hair reappears sooner.
- Possible side effects can occur.
Which one is better?
- Price: The expense on a hair removal cream and an epilator is almost equal. Are you wondering how? Yes, we have an answer. One needs to use the hair removal cream every week to achieve smooth skin. However, if you purchase an epilator once, it will last for 2 to 10 years. A decent quality epilator will cost you somewhat around 2000 to 6000 bucks. It is similar to the amount that you will spend on buying hair removal creams.
- Pain: The hair removal cream allows you to remove hairs painlessly. However, the epilator also does not cause any pain. But, if you have sensitive skin, you can feel uneasy and something running on your skin. However, there is nothing much with the hair removal creams.
- Speed: Epilator is a much faster procedure of hair removal in contrast to hair removal creams. You can use an epilator during shower or otherwise for complete body hair removal in merely 5-10 minutes. However, one needs to leave the hair removal cream for 5 minutes on the skin. After that, you are allowed to remove it. So, it is more time-consuming.
- Convenience: An epilator is much more convenient than the cream. However, it depends on your personal experience also. People find it easier to use the product if it gives a smooth finish with lesser recurrence in the same period.
- Travel friendly: Both of them can be travel friendly due to their small size. However, an epilator saves your time in contrast to a hair removal cream. No one wants to invest time in removing hair instead of exploring outside. Therefore, if you wish to get ready quickly, an epilator can be your best friend.
- Multipurpose: Depending upon the brand and quality, both the hair removal cream and epilator can be used multi purposely. Some creams formulations are prepared to be used on the facial skin as well. Similarly, epilators also come with sensitive skin-friendly features.
- Side effects: If you use a decent quality product, following all the rules, there are minimal chances of getting side effects. Make sure to do a patch test before applying it to your body parts. Some side effects like rash, itch, redness, and irritation are common if you fail to use it properly.
We hope that you have reached your conclusion by now. Thank you for visiting our page. Come back again!