The discussion between hair serum and hair oil has been ongoing for ages. We’ve often seen people get confused picking the right one among them. Both of these come with their distinctive features making both of them a good option. But if you are looking for one of them, then it would be wise to go through this post. We’ve detailed the features and differences between hair serum and hair oil down below.
What is Hair Serum?
Hair serum is a protective layer made up of silicone-based formula that adds a coating to the surface of the hair. It helps to lock the pattern and seal the hair from any outside heat, pollution, sun exposure, and more. Hair serum also allows your hair to appear shiny and frizz-free.
How to use a Hair Serum?
Hair serum is best used just after washing your hair or showering. When your hair is freshly washed off or damp, the serum quickly gets settled on your hair. Also, you’ll need just a few drops of serum when your hair is wet. Concentrate more on the tip upwards rather than tip downwards in motion.
Why you should use a Hair Serum?
Hair serum comes with a host of benefits for your hair. Here is the list of some:
Keep your hair frizz-free
- Hair serum helps to keep the frizz away from your hair. It allows your hair to become nourished and detangle. Make sure that you apply the hair serum on wet hair.
Provides shine and nourishment to hair
- Hair serum tends to reenergize your hair and provide a shiny look. It can help the dry hair become polished and silkier. You will most likely see your hair become softer and shiny with the use of serum.
Repairs damage and protects against heat
- Our hair tends to go through different cycles. With the use of heating equipment and color,hair gets damaged. Using a hair serum can repair that damage to some extent. And with serum, you can also protect your hair against any outside heat and humidity.
What Is Hair Oil?
Hair oil is one of the best things you can use to help give your hair a new lease of life. Hair oils come with ingredients that help them to reach the roots of the hair and penetrate the scalp. They provide nutrition to your hair and help treat dry hair, breakage, frizz, damage.
How to use Hair oil?
Using hair oil is quite easy. All you need to do is take a few drops of oil on your hand and massage it evenly on your hair. Try to reach the scalp and massage the roots with soft hands. This will help kickstart the blood flow to the scalp and encourage hair growth. Applying regular oil on hair can also give you breakage free thicker hair.
Why you should use hair oil?
Hair oil is one of the best remedies for your hair and it comes with a host of benefits like:
Restores balance to your hair
- Hair oils tend to bring the balance back to the hair. It allows the hair to breathe back into life and be energized. The natural ingredients and fatty acids contained in the hair oil adds to the nutrition of your hair.
Moisturizes scalp and hair follicles
- Hair oil can help massage the scalp and follicles. The best way of using hair oil is to use it and slowly massage it to the scalp of the hair. This way the oil can reach the inside of your scalp and take care of it. It helps to improve the blood flow and revitalize your scalp.
Gives a new lease of life to hair
- Various hair oils come with distinctive features. These natural oils tend to help revitalize the hair follicles allowing them to generate new hair. The key to generating healthy hair is to provide the required nutrition to the very roots and the follicles. Hair oils can do that for you. Just apply and massage it for a while. You will see improved results very soon.
Which one is better? Hair serum or hair oil
As we’ve seen above, both of these are different products with their specific purpose. Hair serum is more of a styling product that is used to make your hair smooth and frizz-free. Hair oil, on the other hand, is a natural way to supplement and nourish your hair. They both have different functions and it is advised that you choose the one as per your need.